Yes, it’s time to go shopping again, the 2019 Ockham New Zealand Book Awards longlist has been announced.
ACORN FOUNDATION FICTION PRIZE
- The Man Who Would Not See by Rajorshi Chakraborti (Penguin Random House), already on my wishlist
- The Life of De’Ath by Majella Cullinane (Steele Roberts Aotearoa), now on my wishlist
- The New Ships, by Kate Duignan (Victoria University Press). I have this one, loved it, see my review.
- Caroline’s Bikini by Kirsty Gunn (Faber Fiction) (winner of the Most Unappealing Title award? Apparently a book about *yawn* writing a book. But let’s not be hasty: see The Guardian review.)
- Mazarine, by Charlotte Grimshaw (Penguin Random House) In two minds about this one, Goodreads reviewers who I trust are ambivalent about it. Stuff NZ reviewed it here.
- The Cage by Lloyd Jones (Penguin Random House), I have this one too, it’s on my TBR)
- The Ice Shelf by Anne…
View original post 661 more words